Through personal training, I have come to realize a few things. One of these things, is your workouts should not consist of just beach muscle exercise. I’m sure some of you know what this means, but not everybody. Beach muscle exercise, is basically exercises to make you LOOK good. Examples of this include bicep curls, bench press and situps. They work your ‘mirror muscles’. Stuff that when you look in the mirror, you can see. While that’s all well and good, there are muscles in your body that don’t involve what you can see on the outside. There are muscles in your shoulder region that allow you to do that bench press without your shoulder completely detatching. There are muscles in your legs and hips that allow you to land from a jump without breaking your ankles. The sad thing is, in todays world of fitness, most people are only looking for what makes them look pretty, not what helps them live a productive injury free life. You need to work out the muscles that allow your beach muscles to do what they do, otherwise, you are looking at injury down the road. These stabilization muscles play a major role in what that six pack looks like, and whether or not you look like igor, or a proud peacock. So your next workout, try this simple tip. For every exercise you do that you are standing, stand only on one foot. Let me know how that goes. And also, make sure you decrease the weight by about 15%.
- You are Your Metabolism. Make It Count- Las Vegas Personal Training
- Want To Be Better Than You Are? – Las Vegas Personal Training
- Your Body Is A Horse, And It Goes First- Las Vegas Personal Training
- Been Working Out For A Year With Nothing To Show For It? You’re Doing It Wrong- Las Vegas Personal Training
- There’s a Reason There Are Health Professionals-Las Vegas Personal Training